HeroWork Canada is hiring!
Advancement and Marketing Manager.
Lower Mainland of BC
Remote for the first year (after which will be reviewed
Salary: $75,000 – $90,000
Note: Applicants are asked to apply without delay as interviews will commence immediately. This position will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.
You’ve come to the right place if you are an amazing fundraiser who is all about community, who wants to make a difference, and who wants to be part of creating a lasting impact by working for a charity that transforms other charity buildings!
Who is HeroWork
Since 2014, HeroWork has helped to create positive change for other charities by transforming their buildings through large community events called Radical Renovations. These “Rad Renos” are like an “extreme makeover” combined with a “modern-day barn-raising,” where hundreds of volunteers and dozens of companies come together to complete projects at a fraction of time and cost.
HeroWork Canada is expanding to the Lower Mainland of BC on our way to a national expansion. Vital to our expansion plans is to find a fundraiser extraordinaire:
- an experienced fundraiser who can work independently and demonstrates a high level of initiative;
- an effective communicator because communication cultivates a better working environment;
- a messaging and advertising brand accelerator that will help us resonate with the Lower Mainland audience; and
- an exceptional planner, executor, optimizer, and expander for our national fundraising campaigns to grow revenue, improve retention, and increase overall donor satisfaction and net-promoter score.
Reporting to the CEO, the incumbent will support fundraising, donor relations and stewardship activities, support partnership development, conduct prospect research, develop creative and innovative marking and communications materials, provide sponsorship support with fundraising projects, support significant/milestone events hosted by HeroWork, draft communications and correspondence, support data management and the maintenance of digital records, and provide support for financial administration.
This will be the perfect job for an experienced fundraising professional seeking to grow your career in the charitable sector while transforming communities.
For a complete job description, please click here.
Highlight of Professional Responsibilities
- Write successful and impactful fundraising appeals, grant proposals, case statements;
- Develop and maintain fundraising, communications and marketing plans.
- Manage a portfolio of relationships; personally, soliciting and closing gifts as well as prospecting, cultivating and stewarding donors to maintain engagement with the organization.
- Undertake research for potential donors and devising strategies to implement and coordinate campaigns and events.
- Collaborates with the CEO to develop marketing and communication materials, as required (i.e., appeal letters, donor correspondence, case for support, etc.).
- Develop marketing and communication plans that support fundraising and HeroWork Canada’s expansion.
- Assist the CEO in the development of a national marketing and communications plan.
What we are looking for
The successful candidate will have experience building community partnerships and securing individual, corporate and major gifts, and foundational grants.
- Post-secondary degree in philanthropic studies, marketing, communications, business, or related field. An equivalent combination of education and experience in fundraising may be considered.
- At least a 3 to 5 year track record of success building and growing of a diversified fundraising program focused on major gifts and sponsorships.
- Writing successful and impactful fundraising appeals, grant proposals, case statements, and communications and promotional materials.
- Proven track record of identifying, cultivating, soliciting, stewarding, and strengthening relationships;
- Fundraising and communicating on behalf of other charities or non-profit organizations;
- Demonstrated experience in financial literacy creating budgets and financial reports;
- Fully competent and operational with MS Office Suite (outlook, word, excel, etc.) and technical expertise including the ability to learn and adapt to new programs and processes as required;
- Media, marketing, and communication experience;
- Planning and delivery of presentations and events;
- Goal setting, goal achieving and report writing.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Demonstrated knowledge and/or experience of funding and donor relations theory and practice.
- Demonstrated knowledge and/or experience with event coordination and volunteer management.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and collaboratively in a team environment.
- Self-motivated with an ability to work effectively under pressure with minimal supervision.
- Exceptional organizational skills.
- Ability to demonstrate professionalism, integrity, diplomacy, and tact.
- Strong problem-solving skills with a detail orientation’
- Ability to contribute to a positive and collaborative team environment in a fast-paced, dynamic environment as well as to work independently
- Must possess and maintain a valid BC Driver’s License and access to reliable transportation.
- May be given to those applicants:
- with experience/familiarity with BC’s Lower Mainland (Greater Vancouver) charity and fundraising environment.
- who have achieved certification such as i.e., AFP, CRFE, CAGP.
- Some travel (to meet donors or to visit new and existing HeroWork Chapter) and occasional work on evenings and weekends may be required.
- Ability to be physically active on a construction job site.
- Manual dexterity required to use desktop computer, peripherals, power tools, etc.
- Exciting, fast-paced environment that evolves quickly. Must be able to handle change elegantly and efficiently.
- A comprehensive understanding of HeroWork’s Radial Renovations and our organization as a one-of-a-kind charity that renovates other charity’s buildings and associated infrastructure.
- Construction/Trades knowledge and/or experiencein renovations.
- Familiarity with sales methodology and the donor cycle.
- Personal drive, accountability, and integrity needed to succeed at the job.
For a complete job description, please click here.
For more information about the job, please contact Paul Latour 250-590-4221 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Please do not send resumes to Paul.
How to apply: Please email your resume and cover letter to Linda.Morrison@HeroWork.com. You must clearly demonstrate how you meet the education and experience as outlined in the job description attached.
Please ensure that your resume includes your educational requirements, employment history including start/end dates (month and year) of your employment, and any relevant information that relates to the job you are applying for.
The HeroWork Program Society defines the conditions and expectations for its employees regarding vaccination against COVID-19. Among other measures, proof of vaccination will be required. It is a term of acceptance of employment that you agree to comply with all vaccination requirements as set out by the Provincial Health Officer for the Province of British Columbia.