An awesome job is waiting for you at the HeroWork Program Society.
This is a great opportunity for the right person, to become part of something really special. HeroWork is a registered Canadian charity that transforms other charities by transforming their buildings to better serve vulnerable populations in urban centres. HeroWork has completed 14 major projects for charities in Victoria by organizing Radical Renovations that bring the community together for a cause. Like an old-fashioned barn raiser or a modern “extreme makeover,” these Radical Renovation projects harness the power of local businesses and volunteers to revitalize charities. The result is buildings that are safer, more accessible, more welcoming, and more aesthetically pleasing in the neighbourhoods where they are located. More, better buildings increase services, innovation, and sustainability for crucial charities. At HeroWork, you can truly bring your higher purpose to life through the work and transformative, life-changing magic you get to perform every day.
We are hiring a Renovation Manager, who will have a unique set of education, training, skills, and work experience.
This could be the right fit for you if:
- You will have You will have some experience as a Superintendent, General Contractor or have other Trades background or certification.
- You will have project management experience to develop project schedules and assist in monitoring the Radical Renovation progress, and handling problems and making decisions.
- You are highly organized, both quality- and detail-oriented.
- You enjoy mentoring and working closely with others including our charity partners to ensure renovation deliverables fall within the applicable scope, timeline and budget.
- You understand and grasp your role and responsibilities as part of a small but mighty team, and are able to co-manage each renovation site with the Trades Manager, Volunteer & Event Manager, and the Executive Director to ensure all aspects of complex Radical Renovations get delivered safely and satisfactorily.
- You take pride in your work, recognize and celebrate the contributions of others, and believe in making a solid difference in your community and the lives of others.
We are looking for a dedicated, hardworking, and hands-on individual who will fit our collaborative culture. We aren’t going to sugar-coat this. The position requires long hours, some evening and weekend work – especially during Radical Renovations. If you enjoy working with people who believe in creating innovative solutions to problem and you have a CAN-DO attitude, we encourage you to apply. On the fun side, you must like having your picture taken (and shared), and are capable of creating social media posts. You must also be comfortable using technology (we used Mac laptops) to track and monitor, opportunities, volunteers, supplies, deliveries, etc. As much of your time will be spent on work sites, you won’t have a problem administering basic levels of first aid and HeroWork will pay for the training.
For more information about the job, please contact: Trevor Botkin, Executive Director, at 250-710-5256 or trevor.botkin@HeroWork.com. Please do not send resumes and cover letters to Trevor.
- Cover Letter, and
You must clearly demonstrate how you meet the education and experience as outlined in the job description you can access here.
Send your resume to Linda.Morrison@HeroWork.com