Convoy of Heroes Sign Up Page
Convoy of Heroes List
Please insert your name and email address to get on this list. This is an easy way for us to keep track of attendees and contact you if need be.
We value your privacy and would never spam you
- Convoy of Heroes Route Map & Instructions
This is a PDF map and instructions you can download for your reference. More maps will be available at the Start Point of the Convoy. Also, signs will be placed along the route for easy navigation.
This video explains the Convoy of Heroes and Kickoff Party.
Please Note: At 1:33 into this video Paul inadvertently says 7:30pm when he means 3:30pm.
- Fill in the form to the left with your name and email address. This will get you on our list.
- Then get pumped! We're going to have a great time. If you're game decorate your vehicle with slogans like "Community is Power" "Youth are our Future" "Heroes Rarely Wear Capes" or whatever tickles your fancy.
- Download the Convoy Route Map farther down on this page.
- 3:30pm arrive at the Oak Bay Marina Restaurant parking lot, 1327 Beach Drive. There will be attendees there to direct traffic and show you where to park. Then go to the sign-in tent. Extra maps will be available, as well as waivers, and decals for sponsors. You will also be able to pick up a HeroWork Volunteer t-shirt for a minimum donation of $10.
- The Convoy leaves at 4pm sharp. Remember to honk your horn, cheer, and wave at people passing by. Everyone must obey all traffic signs and speed limits. This means that the Convoy will break up a bit while on routh. However we've designed a few "hold areas" where the convoy will slow and come back together before heading off again. (This is a better solution than costing the city thousands of dollars in police escorts and road closures.)
- After snaking it's way through the city the Convoy arrives at the reno site (1502 Davie Street) at 4:30pm. Once on site there will be traffic people to direct you where to park.
- Gather for the "March onto the Site" at the corner of Leighton and Davie St. (on map).
- The "March" begins at 5pm and will be captured by video cameras. (Remember to smile!)
- Then there will be a few speeches, followed by the demo, and the kickoff party. Awesome!
- Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org